Food is one of the many great joys in life, and it has the unique ability to bring people together, nourish the body on a cellular level, and delight the senses. Anyone who regularly cooks at home knows that learning how to prepare food in a way that optimizes taste is essential for creating a meal the whole family will enjoy. Each step of the cooking process plays a critical role in ensuring the meal is flavorful, nutrient-dense, and satisfying.
Did you know that the cookware you use can alter the taste of your food?
Xtrema all ceramic cookware is inspired by the art of healthy, conscious cooking and is used by chefs, food enthusiasts, and families worldwide for a good reason. What makes 100% all ceramic cookware unique is that it retains heat exceptionally well to create consistent even heating for a smooth cooking experience. Foods are cooked evenly without hot spots making meals taste better and inevitably more satisfying. Xtrema is designed for the everyday kitchen and is non reactive, so you can rest assured that your cookware will not alter the taste of your recipes. Meals will consistently be flavorful, healthy, and delicious.
Xtrema cookware is also non toxic because, let's face it; toxins do not taste good. From its surface to core contains no PFOA, PTFE, glues, polymers, coatings, or dyes, and does not leech metals, cadmium, lead, or change the taste of your food. Delicious and healthy meals are the best of both worlds, so using quality cookware is essential.
The Low and Slow Method
The goal of any meal should be to optimize the flavor while leaving the nutrients intact.
When foods are cooked too quickly, or at high heat, it can destroy vitamins, enzymes, and taste. The best way to ensure your food is healthy and has an outstanding flavor is to use the low and slow method. The brilliance of ceramic cookware is that it is best used under low to medium-high heat, which is good because it helps the at-home cook practice healthier and more flavorful techniques. When used with a lid, ceramic cookware creates steam and a semi-pressurized environment, which adds moisture to whatever is being cooked and helps to retain the nutrients.
100% ceramic is an excellent choice for meats because it creates a consistent cooking experience that is flavorful and delicious. Meats are generally more tender and tastier when cooked slowly on a lower heat setting because it allows the collagen to break down and turn into gelatin. The gelatin flavors the meat making it juicier. Nothing compares to meat dishes that practically fall off the bone and are rich in flavor. A great way to prepare a meat recipe is in the Dutch Oven or 12-inch Versa Pan with a lid to create a moist and flavorful dish.
Cooking with a wide variety of colorful fresh vegetables is an excellent way to increase a meal's flavor and nutritional value. The benefit of cooking with all ceramic is that it keeps the moisture levels in the vegetables to retain more nutrients and supports superior taste. The Saute Pan with Lid is an excellent choice for cooking vegetable dishes.
One Pan Meals
Preparing one-pan meals is an excellent way to create a simple, hands-off cooking experience. It saves time and can also increase the taste because the flavors marinate together for a delicious and nutritious meal. The 5.5 Quart Versa Stock Pot is perfect for creating a wide variety of one-pan meals such as soups, stews, curries, and roasts.
Nothing compares to homemade bread made in 100% all ceramic cookware. The bread cooks more evenly, and the inside will be moister, more flavorful, and delicious.
Hot foods generally taste better. The beauty of using Xtrema cookware is that it's versatile so it can be used as a serving dish on the dinner table. Instead of running the risk of your food getting cold while transferring it to a separate dish, you can use the Xtrema cookware from stove to table for a stress-free dining experience. It will also save time and make cleanup a breeze.
Tips to Make Meals Taste Better
Use healthy cooking oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, and avocado oil. These are much more beneficial than canola oil which is highly processed. Besides adding various nutrients to your meals, healthy cooking oils can also increase the flavor. Cooking oils are a much healthier options than using nonstick cookware which can contribute to health issues. Xtrema cookware can be used with a wide variety of healthy cooking oils for an easy non stick cooking experience.
Pro Tip: It’s always best to let ceramic cookware heat up before adding oil. Wait about two minutes before adding your oil of choice.
- Use organic herbs and spices to enhance the flavor and nutrition of any meal. Herbs and spices such as turmeric, garlic, and onion are loaded with health benefits and can make even seemingly boring meals taste better. If you are worried about using too much salt in your meals, try rosemary, which has a natural saltiness.
- Add a wide variety of colorful vegetables. Next time you head to the grocery store, challenge yourself to try a couple of new vegetables that you don't usually cook with. Increasing the diversity in plants you regularly consume will optimize your health and make your meals more unique and flavorful.
- Enhance the flavor of your meals with a quality mineral-rich salt. Sea salt and pink Himalayan salt are both great options because they have trace minerals that can nourish your health and beauty from within while creating a more flavorful dish.
Pro Tip: Add the salt towards the end of your cooking to ensure you don't add too much. Adding salt at the beginning is a rookie mistake as it is easy to over salt your dish. Since many herbs and spices add flavor, which can concentrate at the end of the cooking process, you may need much less salt in the finished product.
- Roast your vegetables in ceramic cookware to give them a nice caramelization. The 6- Quart Baking Pan is perfect for roasting various vegetables.
At the end of the day, whether you're cooking for your family, friends, or yourself, you want your meals to taste good. Foods prepared consciously with health and flavor in mind can make eating healthy more sustainable. The healthy and flavorful choice is Xtrema all ceramic cookware. You won't have to worry about the taste of your meals being altered or toxins being leeched into your food. Xtrema is an excellent choice for flavorful cooking and wellness through and through.
- 3-to-4-pound chicken, Spatchcocked
- 1 bunch of sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice 1 lemon
- Slice one whole lemon into circles
- 3 shallots peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Paprika
- 1 medium sweet potato cubed
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to your taste preference
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken dry and generously season with salt and pepper, garlic, powder, paprika, rosemary, sage, and lemon zest on both sides.
- Place the lemon slices on the bottom of the wok (a roasting pan or pot can be used)
- Place the chicken skin side up in the wok,
- Add the vegetables around the chicken on the edges of the wok
- Squeeze juice from the remaining lemon over the chicken, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and place in the oven for 40 minutes
- Remove the Cover and continue to roast the chicken until golden brown or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 170 degrees
- Serve and enjoy!