Chocolate Coconut Dessert Lasagna
- 1/2 cup oat or almond flour
- 4 Tbsp raw cacao or coco powder
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg ( 1Tbs ground flax seed plus 3 tsp water stirred together)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 10 Tbsp of nut milk of choice ( we used coconut)
- 4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar ( adjust accordingly to your sweetness level)
- 4 tsp pure vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp brewed espresso for a bold flavor ( omit if caffeine sensitive)
Homemade coconut whip
- 2 cans coconut cream ( cold in the fridge overnight)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or other sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla ( this helps minimize the coconut flavor a touch)
- Chocolate shavings ( we love Alter Eco 90% Cacao) your choice of chocolate
- Fresh mint
- Coconut shavings to enhance coconut flavor
- Maldon flakey Sea salt for those who like a little savory bite
- You can even sift espresso powder over top for the coffee lovers
- Chopped pistachio nuts ( or chopped nut of your choice)
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350. Choose your Xtrema product of choice, we love the 10inch Versa. Lather the bottom with coconut oil to prevent sticking and set your pan aside.
- Next melt coconut oil in small Xtrema pot if you don’t have liquid coconut oil already.
- Time to make your flax egg. Stir together flax, water, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl mix together flour, cacao, baking powder and salt. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Taste and see if you would like to add more sweetener, cacao, or salt!
- Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes until the you can tell the crust in the middle is fully baked through.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely before adding the first layer of cream. Since we are making this in Xtrema and will serve in Xtrema I would make the crust either the night before or morning of so it has time to fully cool down since Xtrema retains heat from being fully ceramic.
To make the healthy cool whip:
- *IMPORTANT* Coconut cream that has been refrigerated for a minimum of 24 hours so it will get nice and creamy before it whips up( this will not work if you do not refrigerate)
- Next, scoop out the solid white cream into a mixing bowl and add sweetener and vanilla and whip with a hand mixer for about 60 seconds or until the creams starts to peak a little.
- Make sure your crust is totally cooled down in your Xtrema skillet. Now spread half the cream mixture over the cooled crust.
- Time to pop it in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes to set. Make sure to leave the rest of the cream out so it's easy to spread later when finishing up the lasagna!!
Prepare the pudding:
- This one is easy which is why we save it for last! Pour all ingredient into a large mixing bowl. Whisk everything together with a hand whisk and add more sweetener or cacao powder if desired. ( Omit expresso if not wanted at this step)
- Pull your lasagna out of the freezer and spread pudding evenly over the cream and freeze for another 30-40 minutes to set again.
- Pull out of freezer and top with remaining coconut cream and toppings of your choice!!
- Freeze lasagna one last time for about 1 hour and then serve! You can serve this right out of your Xtrema pan for limited mess which is great!