- 1-2 packages of store bought cinnamon rolls of choice or single or double batch of homemade if your up for the challenge.
Two store bought options we like are:
Recipe option from Organic Authority
1. Bake store bought or handmade cinnamon rolls in your 10 or 12 inch Versa skillet ( pictured is the 12 inch).
2. Oil bottom of skillet to ensure no sticking, we use organic coconut, or avocado oil. While your rolls are baking get together your topping ingredients and a clean Xtrema skillet of any size.
- 4 tbsp plant based butter (We used Miyokos)
- 4 large medjool dates chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts halves chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Heat any Xtrema skillet on low for 3-4 minutes to heat up.
2. Once heated place the plant based butter in plan until it liquifies, swirl the butter around so it coats the bottom of the skillet evenly.
3. Once evenly coated toss you walnuts in the pan stirring often so they don't burn.
4. Once the nuts start to brown add your other ingredients to the skillet and stir regularly till all the nuts and cranberries are coated evenly. At this point if you feel the topping is too dry add more maple syrup or butter as you please.
5. Place over hot cinnamon buns for a yummy treat morning or night!
These are a crowd pleaser, best of served hot. They can last up to 3 or 4 days in the fridge but I highly doubt they will last that long. Enjoy!