2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 yellow or white onion, sliced thinly
3 tsp minced garlic (or 3 cloves, minced)
4-5 large carrots, washed and grated or peeled
2 bunches of rainbow chard, chopped from the spine
½ cup veggie broth
Juice from half a lemon and more to taste
1 tsp salt
- First, heat up your Xtrema skillet of choice on low/medium heat for 3 minutes and add oil once the pan is heated
- Once the oil is nice and hot add in the sliced onions and a touch of salt
- Next, let the onions start to cook in the oil, make sure to stir every few minutes until the onions are start to become translucent
- Keep stirring the onions, this should take anywhere from 5-10 minutes before they become fully transparent.
- Make sure your pan is set to no higher than medium heat because if any higher the onions may begin to burn. If you do notice sticking starting to occur, feel free to add a little liquid (water or broth) to the bottom of the pan and stir until the onions start to move around and liquid dissipates.
- Stir in the garlic and carrots and continue cooking until the onions are nice and golden brown, for about 5-7 minutes with occasional stirring for less sticking
- Time to add in the chard with the veggie broth
- Keep stirring so everything is evenly mixed with the rest of the veggies
- Place the lid on the skillet
- Simmer until the greens are slightly wilted and tender, about 5 minutes, make sure to keep an eye so the greens and carrots do not get mushy.
- Remove the lid and pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy for breakfast lunch or dinner!