Greek Chicken with Meyer Lemon
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Organic Chicken breast halves, skinless
- Lemon Slices, from 1 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Meyer Lemon
- Juice from 1 ripe Meyer lemon
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Oregano Sprigs, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Sea Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh Oregano
- Dry Parsley
- Lemon Slices
- Wash and slice Chicken breast in half or butterfly it. Then pound the chicken with the Meat Tenderizer until the thickness is even.
- In a large glass bowl, mix together, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and crushed garlic. Remove Oregano leaves from the stems and chop the leaves. Add it to the marinade. Then, add dry oregano, chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it very well, and add chicken. Massage it, so the chicken is coated evenly with marinade. Cover the container and allow it to marinate in the refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 10" braiser and skillet for two to three minutes on the stove-top (low heat), add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and shake the marinade off the chicken.
- Add the marinated chicken in the skillet, and turn the heat down to low temperature because the skillet is hot enough and it will keep the temperature.
- Let it cook for about a minute on one side, then turn on the other side.
- Cover the 10" braiser and skillet with fitted lid and let it cook for 12 to 15 minutes under the lid, occasionally checking the chicken.
- After 12 to 15 minutes, take the lid off, discard the excess liquid, then add remaining ½ tablespoon of Olive Oil and turn the heat on high. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat, remove the chicken from the skillet to rest, then add Lemon slices and cook for about 10 seconds on each side. Place chicken back to the skillet and garnish it with lemon slices, fresh oregano and dry parsley.
- Serve the chicken with salad, or sauteed spinach, or any other sauteed or steamed vegetable.
- The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).