• 3 to 4 pounds cleaned littleneck clams
• 1 pound linguine
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 6 cloves chopped garlic
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
• salt to taste
1. Clean clams and set aside.
2. Cook linguine in Xtrema 5.5 quart pot of salted boiling water until it is almost al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large 12 inch Xtrema versa skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic is lightly-browned.
4. Add white wine, lemon juice, and clams, cover pan, and steam until clamshells have opened
5. Set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water. When all of the clams are cooked and removed from the pan, stir 2 tablespoons of butter into the simmering steaming liquid.
6. Add the drained linguine to the Xtrema 12inch versa skillet , tossing around to coat. Cook for about 2 minutes, until linguine is al dente. If the pasta is dry, stir in some pasta water, as needed.
7. Stir the chopped parsley into the pasta. Season to taste with salt, additional red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
8. Remove the clams from their shells and stir the meat into the pasta, or serve the pasta tossed or topped with the whole clams.
9. Serve immediately in your 12in Xtrema skillet directly on the table. The beauty of our skillets are they can go right from your stove to table and keep everything hot and fresh, and may I add beautiful center piece for any table.