- We used store bought for this recipe but feel free to make homemade crust as well!
PESTO PIZZA SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup of each parsley and basil
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 3 tbsp. hemp seed hearts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or real salt
- 3 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast ( optional, adds a savory bite to the pesto)
- 4 tbsp. of lemon juice about one whole lemon
- 2 peeled fresh garlic cloves
GREEN GODDESS PIZZA TOPPINGS:
- 1 whole pack of kale micro greens ( sprinkle on top after cooked!)
- Broccoli ( chop the heads into bite size pieces and sprinkle)
- Green olives ( sliced)
- You may add any green toppings you may like such as green peppers, asparagus, swiss chard, English peas, bok choy… those are just some, but the list goes on. Add green (or any) veggies freely to this yummy pizza!
Quick plant-based parmesan topping:
- ½ cup of hemp seed hearts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse together a few times to blend. This makes an incredible and nutrient packed pizza topping sprinkle to supplement as a cheese alternative . Feel free to use regular dairy cheese as well!
- Begin by either making your homemade pizza crust or preparing your store-bought crust to the directions on the package. You can always make your homemade crust a day ahead so your ready to go the next day.
- While the pizza crust is baking or already complete its time to make the pesto. Combine all the pesto pizza sauce ingredients in your high-speed blender or food processor and blend everything on high until smooth and creamy. It may take a few minutes to come together, scrape down sides as needed and if still to thick as 1 tsp of olive oil at a time to help blend through to desired consistency.
- Time to build your pizza! We used a 12-inch store bought sourdough crust which fit beautifully in our Xtrema 12-inch Versa Skillet. If you made homemade crust, feel free to roll your dough into 10 or 12-inch rounds so it will fit into either of our Versa Skillets effortlessly. Spread that pesto sauce all over the bottom of your crust leaving a tiny rim for the crust. Next, pile on the broccoli, green olives, and sprinkle of plant-based parmesan before cooking. * Feel free to add any cheese alternatives or regular mozzarella at this time to custom your pizza to your preferences! Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted ( if you added cheese) or until the crust is golden brown! Sprinkle with kale micro greens and serve hot right in your non-toxic Xtrema Skillet at the dinner table. Enjoy!