Mushroom and Kale Baked Eggs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed/or paste
- 4 cups chopped mushrooms (more the merrier they shrink)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups crunchy kale pre chopped or shredded
- 3 cups baby spinach or cruciferous greens of choice
- 1 cup almond or oat milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or mustard powder
- 4 fresh eggs or 5 depending on skillet being used
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat the avocado oil the Xtrema 10-inch open skillet on low heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 4-7 minutes until slightly softened and fragrant.
- Next add in the mushrooms and salt and sauté them until starting to caramelize and brown a bit about 10 minutes
- Toss in the kale, spinach, milk, thyme, and mustard to the skillet. Whisk the mustard in than cover with a lid and let cook for about 9-10 minutes until the greens have completely wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated. I prefer to cook a little longer up to 15 for most of liquid absorption for firmer eggs.
- Now create 4 wells in the veggie mixture and crack eggs into each. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top on each egg before you pop the skillet in the oven and cook for 10-11 minutes until the whites have set but the yolks are still runny and yummy!
- Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes to cool and set. Sprinkle with the fresh parsley and enjoy!
October Cookware Fest
20% Off Site-Wide
+ Buy More, Save More!
*Extra 15% Off with 2+ cookware items