- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 3 small Carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup Ancho Chili Powder*
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 2 15 oz cans Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 15 oz cans Pinto Beans, drained
- 2 28 oz cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Optional Toppings: Green Onions, Nutritional Yeast, Vegan Sour Cream
- Preheat large Xtrema pot over low heat.
- Add the Onion, Celery, and Green Pepper to a large Xtrema pot over Medium heat with ⅓ cup of Water. Cook until all the water evaporates, stirring occasionally. Once the pot is “dry” and the vegetables start to turn golden brown, deglaze the pot with an additional ¼ cup of Water. This process should take around 10 minutes total.
- Add the Garlic, Spices, and Carrots to the pot, then sauté for a few minutes, adding a small splash of water if things start to stick.
- Finally, add the drained Beans, Crushed Tomatoes, and 1 cup of Filtered Water to the Pot. Bring everything to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the lid from the pot and cook uncovered for 5-7 additional minutes, until the Carrots are tender and the Chili reaches your desired thickness. Stir this mixture occasionally, to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
Serve warm, and top as desired.