With Halloween just around the corner, the beginning of the holiday season is rapidly approaching. Between getting the kids their costumes and getting the house ready for trick or treaters, you have a lot on your plate, not counting all the treats you’re going to make by then. Luckily, we’ve put together a list of healthy Halloween treats, so you can serve your family healthy snacks, to help counteract all of the sugar they’ll be ingesting, using healthy ceramic cookware options that won’t leach chemicals or flavors into the snacks.
- For a healthy twist on the classic caramel apple, check out our dark apple bites. You’ll need four apples, sticks, 1 cup of dark chocolate baking chips, and parchment paper. Remove the apple stems, insert the sticks into the top. Melt the dark chocolate on the stove in one of our ceramic saucepans, and when all melted, dunk each apple until all sides are covered in chocolate. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and put in the fridge.
- Give a classic afternoon snack a spooky twist with spiders on a log. Simply take celery slices, fill with peanut butter, and add some plastic spiders on top for a fun Halloween snack the kids are sure to love.
- Take your deviled eggs to a whole new level by preparing as usual, using one of our silicone mixing bowls, and slicing up black olives. Cut an olive in half, place on half in the center of the egg, then slice the other half into sections to create spider legs.
- Apple mummies. Take clean apples, and skin only certain parts. From there, add two mini chocolate chips for eyes, and your kids will love eating these mummy apples that want their brains.
- Black and orange skewers. For a healthy snack, try putting cheddar cheese cubes alternated with blackberries for a colorful snack.
- Skip the soda and super sugary drink mixes, and mix up a delicious and healthy blend of orange and pineapple juice for a healthy drink the kids are sure to enjoy.
There are so many different healthy Halloween treats out there, sometimes you just have to get a little bit creative to bring it to life. Luckily, everything on our list is easy to make and will give a great twist to the regular snacks for this spooky time of year.