- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 Earl Gray tea bag of choice
- ¼ tsp Culinary lavender (you can omit if you want)
- 2-3 teaspoons Maple syrup honey or agave ( adjust to your desired sweetness)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of your preferred milk I use Cashew or Oat ( feel free to swap for regular dairy milk or other milk alternatives as well)
- First, place the tea bag in a large mug and add the lavender if your choice is to fancy this up a little. Pour water over and let steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Time to remove the tea bag
- If you added the lavender, you must strain the tea and then pour your tea back into your mug so there is no grittiness left in your tea
- Next, customize your latte with a sweetener of choice at this point. Stir in your sweetener and vanilla together and add more until satisfied with flavor
- While the tea steeps it’s time to heat your milk up. Heat it on your stovetop until your milk is steaming. You don’t want it to get to a rapid boil so stir constantly to keep it just to a steam.
- Feel free to froth your milk with a hand-frother if you have if not you can place your milk into a high-speed blender for 1-2 minutes to achieve froth like consistency ( we use a Vitamix and it works great!)
- Pour your warmed frothy milk into the luxurious tea mixture and stir to combine everything together!
- Spoon any extra froth over the top and enjoy!