- 1 cup tri-color, white, or red quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Preheat a medium sized Xtrema saucepan over low heat. Once hot, add rinsed quinoa and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until liquid is completely absorbed. Fluff with a fork, turn off the heat, then crack lid and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients (salsa, nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oil). Toss to combine. Then spread in a greased Xtrema Versa Skillet or baking sheet.
Bake for 20-35 minutes, stirring/tossing once at the halfway point to ensure even baking. The quinoa is done when it’s fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave, in a 350 degree F (176 C) oven, or in a skillet on the stovetop.