- 1 cup milk ( regular or plant), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar ( may sub coconut sugar as well)
- 1 cup all purpose flour ( Make this Gluten Free by choosing GF all purpose)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6-7 Tbsp unsalted grass fed butter, melted, than divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt ( if using salted butter you can omit)
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Lemon Zest
- Greek Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Preheat the oven or countertop oven to 425 F. Set your oven rack to the middle and make sure there's plenty of room above it to make sure you give room for them to rise.
- Place your Xtrema muffin pan into the cold oven when you turn on the oven to allow the pan to preheat before pouring batter in the tins.
- Next, add the milk. sugar, flour, eggs, 4 tablespoons of the melted and cooled butter, vanilla extract and salt into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, this will take about 20-30 seconds. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- When the oven reaches temperature, carefully remove the hot Xtrema pan and brush each individual well with remaining melted butter (it will sizzle.) Then, immediately pour the pancake batter into the pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full leaving some room to rise & expand during baking.
- Slide your Xtrema back into the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Dutch babies are puffed and lightly golden on the top. Note: Since Xtrema is fully ceramic it can sometimes take 3-5 minutes longer to bake through.
- Once removed from the oven, let the pancakes cool for a few minutes as they will shrink as they cool, creating the perfect well for toppings!
- Now, have fun! Top each pancake with a few fresh berries, dust with powdered sugar, add lemon zest and serve warm with raw honey or maple syrup! Note: you can even add cottage cheese or greek yogurt to the top for added protein to this delightful dish!
- Serve directly in the center of the breakfast table in your Xtrema for a beautiful centerpiece!
- Keeping your mini Dutch babies in your Xtrema allows them to stay warm all breakfast long. Enjoy!