- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ of a diced purple onion
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of diced peppers
- 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce or wing sauce.
- 1 egg
- panko flakes or finely crushed bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce for flavor
- Optional:1/3 cups of salsa (adds flavor and moisture)
- Optional:add fresh diced jalapeno for spice
- Add-ons:any diced vegetable you desire
This is a family favorite and the recipe is always changing. You can use sundried tomatoes from a jar instead of salsa or pesto sauce as well. Diced carrots and mushrooms also add some zest to the burgers.
- Mix all of this up into a large bowl and all at the end add the Panko or bread crumbs until you can form large patties that will hold together for grilling or cooking on-top of the stove.
- We cook the burgers in the 10" Versa Skillet (braiser) and cover the burgers with a lid while cooking. Always heat the pan on a low setting first. Then spray the Xtrema pan or use a little coconut/olive oil. An organic cooking spray works best. Heat the pan on low and then turn up the heat to medium. If the pan dries out during the cooking process, add a few tablespoons of water to keep the pan wet. (we just splash in water as needed) Note that using ceramic cookware will keep your turkey burgers nice and moist. Cook burgers for about 12 minutes or to brown on tops. Flip occasionally.
- Serve on romaine lettuce with tomatoes or place them on a nice whole-wheat bun. Add your favorite condiments and enjoy.
We usually serve up these turkey burgers with a roasted potato mix packed with red skin potatoes, sweet potatoes, and purple onion. Season with EVO, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, cracked pepper, and Italian Seasoning. Bake in the Xtrema four-quart baking pan for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Stir every 15 minutes until golden.