Xtrema 10 or 12 inch Versa Skillet
For the Meatballs:
- 1 tablespoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef ( We used Reil Ranch Beef)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- ½ cup diced seedless cucumber
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ cup fresh dill
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the ground beef, fresh herbs, spices, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined.
- Next, using a cookie dough scoop to form the meatballs and then roll them in between the palm of your hands to form most evenly sized meatballs so they cook evenly.
- Place them in your Xtrema Skillet of Choice ( we used 10-inch Versa!) that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- After all the meatballs have been rolled and placed in the Skillet for Baking, place them in the preheated oven and bake them at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 or higher (no lower) degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is now time to make the tzatziki sauce while the Greek meatballs are cooking.
- First, add the cucumber, garlic, and dill to a food processor or vitamix and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the cucumber mixture to the Greek yogurt and stir in the lemon juice and salt and mix until all combined. Add more lemon and salt if you like more of a zing!
- When the meatballs are done, let them cool slightly and then serve with the tzatziki sauce, Rice, fresh green and veggies and simply Enjoy!