This delicious Tuscan Herbed Chicken over pasta is fresh take on your typical pasta dish. Finish with some fresh squeezed lemon and you have a hearty and zesty meal that is great for dinner or for leftovers the next day!
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons Tuscan heat spice blend ( basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, sage, thyme, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds and garlic powder)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 package fresh linguine
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring either a 2.5 or 3.5 Xtrema pot with salted water to a boil. Next wash and prepare all your fresh produce. 2 cloves of the garlic thinly slice, and 1 clove finely mince and set aside. Dice tomato and set aside as well.
- Prepare Chicken by removing the excess moisture by patting it dry. Once dry add chicken breasts to a small bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped garlic, 2 tablespoon seasoning, salt, pepper and generously coat and massage chicken until fully coated. By now your pasta water should be boiling so drop your pasta in allow proper cooking time. We suggest Al Dente for this meal. Once pasta is cooked, drain, but make sure to set aside ½ cup of pasta water for later use.
- In a 10-inch open skillet heat pan for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat and then drizzle pan with olive oil. Place prepared chicken in skillet until cooked through. Anywhere from 8-15 minutes for a fully cooked chicken breast. If desired to cook chicken quicker, you can pound the chicken, so it is thinner. We prefer a heartier piece which is why we chose the breast for this meal. Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan, and allow it to cool down and then thinly slice.
- In the same pan add butter and garlic until it becomes nice and fragrant. Once the smell becomes divine, add diced tomatoes, remaining herbed spices 2 tablespoons, salt and pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes until sizzling. Once everything is melded together throw you fresh pasta in the sauce and toss around until evenly coated. At this time add in cream cheese, pasta water and half of the parmesan and stir until all the pasta is coated with a creamy sauce.
- Time to plate up your pasta and add your chicken to the top for a perfectly flavor packed meal! Finish with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan and enjoy! This serves 2 meals, but you can easily double or triple for more servings.