Airbnb offers a cost-effective and exciting way to travel. You can choose from different locations, lodging types and prices to find the best accommodations for your trip. From single bedrooms to massive mansions, your Airbnb experience can take many forms.
If you're preparing for an upcoming Airbnb stay, you might wonder what to bring. Guests are responsible for bringing their own supplies, from safety tools to meal ingredients. You might also want to pack additional items for extra comfort. Read on to learn about what you need to bring to an Airbnb.
What to Bring to an Airbnb
While everyone's Airbnb packing list differs, some items benefit everyone, no matter where they stay. These are some essential things to bring to an Airbnb:
1. Safety Supplies
Whether you take a weekend getaway or an extended international vacation, safety should come first. You might not know what safety supplies your Airbnb host has or what condition the equipment is in. If an emergency occurs, you need to act quickly. Packing backup supplies ensures you can access the right materials.
For instance, you could pack the following safety tools:
- First-aid kit: First-aid supplies are always beneficial for sudden injuries. Your Airbnb host might not have bandages or other basic medical supplies, so you could bring a kit just in case.
- Flashlight: Flashlights are beneficial during power outages and other low-light situations. You can keep one on hand to improve your visibility in these situations.
- Extra batteries: You could also pack extra batteries for your flashlight and other devices.
- Locks: Many travelers use portable door locks and luggage locks on their trips. These devices add an additional comfort layer and can prevent break-ins or stolen luggage.
Airbnb rentals don't typically provide extra toiletries like hotels. Most sites offer basics like toilet paper and hand soap, but you're responsible for bringing toiletries such as the following:
- Soap or body wash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
You might also use additional items like hairbrushes, makeup wipes or cotton balls. Making a list helps you remember all of your necessities.
Towels are another important consideration for your stay. Some Airbnb hosts provide towels for guests, while others don't. It's usually best to pack extra towels in case they don't have them or you need more.
You can also communicate with your Airbnb host for more information about toiletries. They might add details about provided toiletries on the rental listing so you can anticipate what to bring. You can also message the host with questions about amenities. Depending on your preferences, you might want to bring your own toiletries even if the host offers them.
3. Bedroom Supplies
Another essential on the packing list for an Airbnb is your bedroom supplies. You can bring anything that increases your comfort while sleeping and relaxing. Bedroom items can include:
- Slippers: These soft shoes protect your feet from the bare floor and add extra cushion as you walk around. If you're used to wearing slippers around the house, having them on your trip can improve your comfort.
- Earplugs: Sleep is essential for successful travel and gives you enough energy to face the next day's adventures. If your Airbnb is located in a noisy neighborhood or is next to loud neighbors, it might be more challenging to get a good night's sleep. Earplugs let you filter out excessive noise and help you fall asleep no matter what noises surround you.
- Extra pillows and sheets: Most Airbnb rentals offer bed sheets and pillows. However, you might want more blankets or pillows to optimize sleep comfort.
- Phone charger: It's important to remember your phone charger, as most Airbnb hosts don't provide them. Keeping your phone charged lets you communicate with loved ones and access the internet whenever needed.
4. Kitchen Supplies
Many Airbnb locations provide complete access to a kitchen. Instead of eating at restaurants or ordering takeout, you can cook your own meals in comfort. You can plan for meals by bringing ingredients and cooking tools.
Some rentals might have cooking materials like pots, pans and cutlery. However, previous guests likely used these items, which can draw concerns about cleanliness. The items might also contain toxic substances, like Teflon. To avoid these concerns, you can bring cookware from home.
For instance, Xtrema offers completely nontoxic ceramic cookware. Our products are 100% ceramic and safe for dishwashers. From complete cookware sets to individual pans, you can find Xtrema products to match your cooking plans. Create long-lasting memories even in the kitchen of your Airbnb with our high-quality products.
5. Snacks and Refreshments
Airbnb hosts can choose whether or not to provide snacks and drinks for guests. You can pack your own food to increase your enjoyment on the trip. Snacks also increase your energy while you embark on various activities. Consider bringing items like granola bars or beef jerky that don't need refrigeration, so you can store them anywhere.
Extra beverages can also help you stay hydrated during the trip. Many travelers prefer to bring extra water or ingredients to make coffee to mimic at-home routines. You can talk with your travel companions to see what snacks or drinks they prefer.
6. Entertainment or Games
You can also consider packing games and other entertainment for your Airbnb trip. Whether you have a packed schedule or want to relax, games and media increase fun on your vacation. You might bring entertainment options like:
- A deck of cards: You can play many games with a simple deck of cards or even invent a new one. These compact decks can easily fit into your luggage, making them simple to transport.
- A board game: You could also bring a favorite board game to pass the time. These games let large groups of people get involved and share the fun.
- A DVD player and DVDs: Watching your favorite movie with friends or family is always enjoyable. You could bring a DVD player to ensure you can enjoy a vacation movie night. You could also ask the Airbnb host about available streaming services and whether you could log into your accounts.
- Books: Vacations are excellent opportunities to catch up on reading. Pack your current book or a new one to get lost in the story during your getaway.
Shop for AirBnB Cooking Tools With Xtrema
The more you know about what things to bring to an Airbnb, the better you can prepare. These essentials can boost your comfort and enjoyment on your vacation. Delicious meals increase your trip's success even further. If you want to cook unforgettable meals in your next Airbnb, shop online for Xtrema cookware today.
Our ceramic cookware options let you cook fresh and delicious food without unknown chemicals. We thoroughly test our products to ensure they meet safety standards. Their durability allows you to enjoy them for many vacations to come.
To make Xtrema part of your Airbnb packing list, shop online today.