When shopping for gifts for someone who loves cooking, look for functional, eye-catching, high-quality items suited to their aesthetics and cooking preferences. This guide to the best gifts for the chef in your life explores quality items related to cooking, baking and the kitchen.
Gifts for People Who Enjoy Cooking
The good news is that there are countless gifts you can get for someone who loves cooking. From kitchen basics like cookbooks and knife sets to life-long investments like a Dutch oven, you are bound to find the ideal present with these inspiring ideas.
Are you still trying to figure out where to start? You can never go wrong with kitchen essentials. These practical items are staples in every kitchen that can make simple but thoughtful gifts:
- Knives and knife sharpeners: Whether your chef is a budding beginner, home cook or aspiring professional, one thing is sure — they want their knives to be sharp. If you know they don't have the "sharpest tools in the shed," a knife set is an ideal gift. When deciding on a knife set, look for one that is beautiful, decorative and has a blade guard or storage unit for safety. Are either of you superstitious about gifting knives and severing relationships? Include a coin with the gift so they can "buy" the blade from you and avoid the old wives' tale!
- Cutting boards or mats: Cutting boards are kitchen essentials that can be practical and decorative. Choose large cutting boards that are made of quality materials — wood is always beautiful — and are not slippery.
- Cool cooking gadgets and essentials: When kitchen essentials alone don't seem like the most thoughtful gift, put together a gift basket with various items and voila! You have a meaningful and practical gift any chef would appreciate. You can also jazz up the gift basket by including gadgets that make cooking a breeze. Examples of what you can add to the gift include measuring cups and spoons, a kitchen thermometer, pot holders, a digital scale, oven mitts, kitchen utensil sets, peelers and spatulas.
- Cookbooks: A kitchen without a good cookbook or two is bare! With such a vast collection of amazing cookbooks out there, landing on one can be quite a challenge. Keep things simple to get the best cookbook for your loved one. You can choose the latest cookbook from their favorite chef or select one full of meals they love to cook or want to learn to cook, like vegetarian dishes from a country they wish to travel to.
Cookware, especially premium ceramic cookware, makes an excellent gift for someone who loves cooking — it is versatile, durable, aesthetic, healthy, sustainable and an investment that can last a lifetime. When shopping for cookware, look for options that are non-toxic and non-reactive. If you want ceramic, be sure to choose 100% ceramic cookware over ceramic-coated products.
Consider these valuable cookware items to give as a special gift:
- Skillets: Skillets are flat-bottomed, shallow pans perfect for pan-searing and pan-roasting at medium to high heat. Skillets come in different sizes, weights and materials, so choosing a signature skillet set with various sizes is the best way to present a gift that is as practical as possible. Ceramic skillets are non-reactive and easy to clean, making them perfect to gift to amateur and professional cooks alike.
- Dutch oven: Dutch ovens are one of the most versatile pieces of cookware. You can use them on the stovetop and in the oven for just about any dish, from casseroles, stews and roasts to bread and desserts! Dutch ovens are thick and heavy, so one of the most important considerations when choosing one as a gift is the recipient's stovetop and oven size.
- Pans: A sturdy, go-to frying pan is a kitchen essential. Opt for a lightweight frying pan that is easy to clean and that has a one-piece construction to make it durable and long-lasting.
- Pots: What is a chef without a good set of pots? Show your favorite cook how much you love and appreciate them with a 12-piece Versa Pot Set, ideal for frying, searing, sauteing, boiling and braising all your favorite dishes. The 100% pure ceramic set includes four durable stock pots in various sizes with lids and also features a 4-piece red pot holder set to match.
If the cook in your life is more of a pastry chef or loves making desserts, then quality bakeware can be a thoughtful and lasting gift. Check out these ideas for the best cookware gifts for people who enjoy cooking:
- Stand mixers: Stand mixers make baking much more convenient, easy and fun. You can use them to make large batches or recipes with heavy dough. Stand mixers are excellent investments no matter what the baker in your life whips together.
- Muffin pans: Muffin pans are versatile because you can use them for savory and sweet treats. Besides, who doesn't love cupcakes or mini-quiches that also make portion control a breeze? Opt for a 6-cup ceramic muffin pan or invest in a beautiful baker's bundle with a muffin pan, pie pan and load pan.
- Cake pans: A classic cake pan is a baking essential. Choose a cake pan that offers even heat distribution and durability — a gift built to last.
Unique Gifts for Chefs
Does your chef appreciate personalized gifts and experiences? Find inspiration for unique gifts right here:
- Apron or chef hat: A customized apron or chef's hat is a simple but meaningful gift for the chef in your life.
- Crafted items: Crafted items like an Asiana Tea Kettle or a mortar and pestle are practical and decorative and can become family heirlooms.
- Subscription boxes: Gourmet gift baskets or subscription boxes packed with curated items and artisanal delicacies are bound to be a hit.
- Specialty ingredients: Surprise your chef with specialty spices and ingredients for a unique gift your loved one will be excited to try in their next dish.
- Garden kit: Does your chef have a magic touch in the kitchen and the garden? Give them a herb garden starter kit that they will love tending to.
- Gastronomy kits: Molecular gastronomy kits feature everything one needs to learn cooking techniques for creating unique masterpieces, such as caviar pearls and heat-resistant jellies.
- Cooking experiences: If your chef loves new experiences as much as they love cooking, then tickets to a world food festival or wine-tasting event that you can enjoy together make an unforgettable gift!
Pure Ceramic Bakeware and Cookware Gifts From Xtrema Cookware
Give your friends and loved ones gifts that will last a lifetime by choosing pure ceramic cookware and bakeware from Xtrema Cookware! We craft our items using pure ceramic, which is durable, versatile, non-toxic and easy to clean — all the qualities the chef in your life will appreciate.
Our ceramic cookware can also last a lifetime, making it a gift that will be handed down to future generations. Find the ideal gift by shopping our range of premium ceramic cookware and bakeware products today.