Ceramic cookware is non-toxic, long-lasting, non-leaching and undeniably versatile — but can it go in the oven? Yes, it can!
Is Ceramic Cookware Oven Safe?
Ceramic cookware can easily go in the oven due to how it's created. Ceramic products are crafted from clay, water and other minerals and fired in a kiln at high temperatures. The finished products are durable and heat resistant, making them safe to use in the oven and on stoves and grills.
All-ceramic products are also safe to use in or on:
- Air fryers
Top Tips to Increase Your Cookware’s Life Span
This versatile cookware lasts generations when cared for:
- Utensils: Avoid using metal utensils like stainless steel whisks, spoons, spatulas and forks. Use silicone or wooden utensils to avoid leaving metal marks on the pots and pans.
- Preheating: Spend five minutes warming your pan on low heat. Then add oil. A slow heat rise enables you to cook your food evenly and with better flavor.
- Oiling: Keep your 100% ceramic cookware oiled or lightly coated with fat. Use tallow, ghee, butter, coconut oil or avocado oil to cook your food.
- Burner size: For the best cooking experience, always match the pot or pan with your burner size. If your cookware fits the burner, this helps prevent food burning and facilitates even cooking.
- Thawing: Pure ceramic cookware can be sensitive to sudden temperature changes. Defrost food before cooking, and avoid running cold water over a hot pan.
- Cleaning: If your pot or pan has burned bits or stuck-on food, use dry baking soda and a scouring pad to lift the debris.
Why Is All-Ceramic Cookware Superior?
All-ceramic cookware has a ceramic core and is not just coated in a ceramic-like material. Ceramic pots and pans are non-toxic, non-leaching and safer to use. Many cookware products have coatings to make them non-stick. These coatings may contain harmful substances like perfluorooctanoic acid and polytetrafluoroethylene that have been linked to disease.
Ceramic cookware — like options from Xtrema — has no harmful coating that can chip, flake or mix into your food. Xtrema pots and pans also don’t have metal cores, and help you avoid high levels of heavy metals in your food.
Get Your Durable and Oven-Safe Cookware Today!
Xtrema is a family-owned business producing handcrafted, non-toxic, 100% ceramic cookware. We are passionate about providing U.S. and international home cooks with perfect pots and pans and other durable and sustainable products.