- 5 to 7 medium size red skin potatoes (leave skin on)
- Half white onion diced
- 1 Bell peppers or 2 mild chili peppers diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or eyeball it, drizzle over potatoes)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper (leave out if you don't want it spicy)
- salt for taste
- Optional: Kooter Rub. We use this instead of cayenne pepper and it really gives the potatoes a nice flavor. It's a mix of salt, garlic, chipotle, and other peppers. Can be bought on amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Hammock-Cooter-Rub-6-5/dp/B008HYNUHG?th=1
This is great for a big country breakfast with family or to serve at dinner as a side dish to change things up
- Leave skin on potatoes and chop up like potato chips. (not to thin but not to thick)
- Add sliced potatoes into a mixing bowl and then add Olive Oil
- Dice the onion and peppers and add to bowl
- Finally, add all other ingredients and stir together
- Grab your 10-Inch Versa Skillet and place it on the stove-top. Make sure to match the skillet size with your burner. Heat on low for 2-minutes
- Then add your cooking spray
- Add the potato mix and cook on low with lid on.
- Check every few minutes and add some water as needed to keep the skillet and potatoes moist.
- Repeat this process until the potatoes are soft
- Pre-heat oven on broiler to high
- Remove cover and place skillet with potatoes under broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit.
- Remove from oven and serve right to the table.