- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pound sweet potato (4 cups chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (5 cups chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons curry powder*
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk*
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Brown rice, for serving
- Prepare the brown rice in an Xtrema saucepan according to the package instructions.
- Dice the onion. Chop the sweet potato into bite-sized chunks (do not peel). Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Preheat Xtrema 11-inch Wok or 12-inch Skillet on low. Once warm, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and raise the heat to medium. Add onion and saute 2 minutes, then add the sweet potato and saute 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and saute another 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Add the diced tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. When the vegetables are tender, add the chickpeas and 4 cups spinach and stir for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add another ½ teaspoon kosher salt to taste, adding additional salt if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve with brown rice.
*Use a high-quality curry powder and full-fat coconut milk.