- 1 teaspoon matcha
- ¼ cup hot water ( From your Xtrema Retro Teapot!)
- ½ cup warmed up coconut milk ( or milk of choice, full fat coconut gives it depth of flavor and creaminess!)
- Sweetener choices but this Latte is yummy on its own if your sugar free! Maple syrup, honey, agave, stevia, coconut sugar, or any sweetener of choice that you enjoy!
- First, turn on your Xtrema Teapot until it comes to a rolling boil, remember this tea pot is fully ceramic so your hot water will stay hot for much longer and be totally toxin free! https://xtrema.com/products/2-5-quart-retro-tea-kettle
- You need to sift your matcha, so it is totally lump-free before making this drink because your want it to be smooth and creamy.
- Next, spoon the right amount of matcha into a mug of your choice (larger is better).
- Add the hot water and whisk fervently until it starts to become nice and frothy. This should take about 30- 60 seconds for froth to form.
- Stir the coconut milk ( or milk of choice) and whisk until everything is well combined
- Time to taste and add additional water or coconut milk if needed.
- Last but certainly not least add your sweetener to your choice ( our favorite is 100% pure Maple Syrup!)
We hope you enjoy this antioxidant packed latte! I just wanted to share a few health benefits of Matcha Tea and brands we enjoy as well.
Some of our favorite Matcha Brands:
- Encha Latte Grade First Harvest Organic Matcha Directly from Farm in Uji, Japan
- Pique Organic Matcha Sun Goddess Sticks from Kagoshima, Japan
A few amazing reasons to drink Matcha:
- Helps support healthy immune system, radiant skin and sustained energy without those caffeine induced jitters!
- May also promote healthy metabolism and weight management
- Green tea has proven history of supporting healthy metabolism and digestion and matcha green tea is in the green tea family!
- Match is an antioxidant powerhouse that helps detox and clean out free radicals and harmful toxins from your body.
- Last but certainly not least, supportive of a positive mood and helps with minimizing inflammation in the body overtime.