- 2 large flax eggs (2 heaping Tbsp of flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp purified water)
- 1 15-oz. can of organic black beans (well rinsed and drained, our favorite are the brand Eden for no BPA)
- 3 Tbsp melted or liquid coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sea salt ( Redmond’s is our fav)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping cup organic brown sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
TOPPINGS( optional but highly recommend!!)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Crushed walnuts, pecans, or other nut of choice
- Dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips or regular chips
- Shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your 10-inch Xtrema Versa or Traditions skillet with a coconut oil and don’t forget to get the sides.
- Next prep your flax egg by combining flax and water in a small bowl. Gently whisk together and let stand and rest for up to 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor minus any toppings and blend and puree for about 3-5 minutes. Scrap down sides as needed until everything in nice and smooth and evenly combined.
- At this point if the batter seems too thick or chunky, add 1 tbsp at a time of water and pulse until you get desired smoothness of batter. You don’t want the batter to be pure liquid but smooth enough to spread easily in your pan. Slightly thicker that a frosting consistency.
- Time to spread your batter into your greased up pure ceramic skillet, spread top to become nice and smooth with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Next, if you choose to add topping it’s time to sprinkle with crushed walnuts, pecans, coconut shreds, or chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the edges start to get on the dryer side. I took mine out at about 30 minutes mark. Most important once you remove, they must stand and cool for anywhere from 30-45 minutes to set completely. They will appear to be gooey still and that is why allowing them to cool and set is key. Don’t worry if the insides still look like batter because they are supposed too! There is no raw egg, and they are fully vegan, so you are good to go.
- When sliced brownies in Xtrema make sure you don’t use a metal knife because this can damage the ceramic. You want to use a silicone pie spatula that can easily cut right through this and wont damage your beautiful pan!
- Slice up fresh fruit to serve on top of these decadent brownies or simply eat alone! You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to last up to a week. Enjoy!