- 1 8 oz package of extra-firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp avocado or oil of choice (omit if oil free use water or veggies stock)
- 1/2 yellow onion ( sliced or diced)
- 1/2 red or orange pepper ( slice or diced)
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach or baby kale (rough chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt ( more to taste if desired)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Filtered Water ( this is only if to thick add a little at a time)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (this gives it the color!)
- First, you want to extract out as much liquid as possible from your tofu. Pop in a tofu press for 10 to 15 minutes. If you don’t own a tofu press no worries, wrap your tofu in absorbent towel and place something heavy on top for 15 minutes and this will work great!
- While tofu is draining, time to prep your sauce by adding all your dry spices to a small bowl. Next drizzle enough water to make a pourable sauce for your scramble. Whisk together until everything is evenly combined. Set aside for later use.
- Time to prep veggies in your Xtrema skillet over low/medium heat. Remember to allow your Xtrema pure ceramic skillet to heat for 3-5 minutes before adding oil to allow enough time for the skillet to heat evenly. Once heated, add oil( or water/stock) and the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and stir until veggies soften and onions gets a little caramelized. Cook about 5-10 minutes for these results.
- Add your greens (spinach or kale) season with a bit of salt and pepper, mix and cover for 3-5 minutes to give your greens a good steam.
- While veggies are steaming and marinating together, unwrap tofu and use a fork or hand to crumble into bite-sized crumbles into your veggie mixture.
- Sauté everything together for a few minutes then add sauce, make sure sauce is coated over all the tofu evenly. If wanted at this point feel free to add a bit more nutritional yeast for a “cheesier” flavor for your scramble. Let everything cook for another 5 or so minutes until tofu is slightly browned and the sauce is fully absorbed into the tofu!
- Time to enjoy with your scramble with your favorite toast, breakfast potatoes/hash, fruit or even inside a wrap for a flavor packed breakfast burrito. You can take your Xtrema skillet right to the breakfast table to keep your scramble hot for the entire breakfast sitting.
- Note, you can freeze scramble in airtight container for up to one month if you have leftovers. Enjoy this meal any time of day, it’s a crowd pleaser especially with a side of crispy hash browns in your Xtrema skillet!
- This recipe is gluten free and fully dairy free. Feel free to omit or add different veggies as you like!