- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ of a diced purple onion
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of diced peppers
- 1 egg
- Panko flakes or finely crushed bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce for flavor
- Optional:1/3 cups of salsa (adds flavor and moisture)
- Feta Cheese
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Mix all of this up into a large bowl and all at the end add the Panko or bread crumbs until you can form large patties that will hold together for grilling or cooking on-top of the stove.
- We cook the burgers in the 10" Versa Skillet (braiser) and cover the burgers with a lid while cooking. Always heat the pan on a low setting first. Then spray the Xtrema pan or use a little coconut/olive oil. An organic cooking spray works best. Heat the pan on low and then turn up the heat to medium. If the pan dries out during the cooking process, add a few tablespoons of water to keep the pan wet. (we just splash in water as needed) Note that using ceramic cookware will keep your turkey burgers nice and moist. Cook burgers for about 12 minutes or to brown on tops. Flip occasionally.
- Serve on romaine lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and Tzatziki or place them on the bun or bread of your choice!