- 2-3 zucchinis
- 2-3 yellow squash
- 2-3 small eggplants
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- ½ white onion chopped
- 1 (26-ounce) jar of tomato basil pasta sauce or homemade tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (about 8-10 leaves)
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic ( the more the better )
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Time to prepare your vegetables. Slice your zucchini into thin coins and repeat for each vegetable. At this point step aside to preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Let me add, before this step I soaked my veggies in a bath of distilled white vinegar fir about 19 minutes to kill off any bacteria on veggies).
- Next it’s time to prep your sauce. Sauté white onion , diced bell pepper in a bit of olive oil over low/medium heat in your Xtrema 12-inch skillet. Once heated about 5 minutes add your sauce and reduce heat to low to simmer. Once everything is warmed, turn heat off and set aside to cool for a few minutes because your Xtrema will still be hot. After about 15 minutes you will be ready to assemble to ratatouille directly in the same skillet.
- Next, layer sliced vegetable coins in a spiral pattern around the skillet until the entire pan is covered with gorgeous bright veggies!
- Time to make a yummy flavor packed drizzle. If you are oil free you can absolutely omit the oil and just sprinkle on fresh herbs! Combine the minced garlic, chopped thyme, basil, and parsley with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir up and make sure everything is well combined and pour over your veggies with a basting brush.
- Cover finished dish with your Xtrema pure ceramic lid and bake for 44-50 minutes covered and remove the lid for the last 20 minutes until the veggies are soft and get a touch crispy on the edges.
- Time to eat, place this beautiful dish directly on your dinner table to serve with fresh pasta, zoodles or just by itself with a beautiful side salad. The options are endless! The beauty of this dish is everything was made in 1 Xtrema skillet, from sauté, baking to serving your Xtrema skillet can do it all! Enjoy!