- ½ teaspoon Oil
- 6 slices Smoked Bacon, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Fermented Kimchi, chopped
- 1 Cup Organic Beef stock, low sodium
- 1 Cup Kimchi juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Gochujang -Korean Red Hot Pepper Paste, or to your taste
- ½ teaspoon Gochugaru- Korean Hot Pepper Powder
- 2 Green Onions + green part for garnish
- Salt to taste
- ½ Pack Organic Tofu, cubed (soft or firm) - optional
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces.
- Heat Versa Pot 1.5 qt, on medium high temperature with oil and add the bacon. Cook for one minute.
- Drop in minced garlic and chopped onion. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon and let it saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Roughly chop Korean fermented cabbage (Kimchi) and add in the Versa pot. Stir-fry all together for about 2-3 minutes on medium high.
- Pour in fermented cabbage (kimchi) juice, beef stock and water, and continue stirring.
- Add Korean red hot chili pepper paste, and red hot chili pepper powder/flakes; Stir well, cover, turn the heat on low temperature/simmer and let it cook for 20 minutes under the lid.
- After 20 minutes, add in the stew green onions, and cubed tofu -firm or soft.
- Add salt, if needed to taste. Garnish the stew with more chopped green onions.
- Serve it hot and with rice.
- For vegetarian version: Use mushrooms to substitute bacon, and use vegan kimchi.