Mango Cashew Curry with Chicken
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1 lbs Chicken
- 1 Cup Mango
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 inch Ginger (grated or minced)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Madras Curry Powder (or more if spicier is desired)
- 4-5 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion (thin sliced)
- 1 Cup Green Peas (I used frozen, optional )
- Cook rice in Xtrema Saucepan or Stock pot.
- While rice is cooking, preheat Xtrema Wok or Skillet. When warm, add oil. Add sliced onion and saute until soft. Add cubed chicken, spices, and half of the salt, and cook until chicken is brown on all sides.
- Add ginger, garlic, continue cooking spices release nice aroma.
- Add coconut milk, and the rest of the salt. Bring to boil and then cook on medium heat until chicken is fully cooked and water is almost absorbed (about 1/3 cup liquid remaining).
- Meanwhile rice will be ready. Drain cooked rice. and add on top of chicken with green peas. Don't mix the rice yet. Cover the pot, let chicken cook for 1 more minute, then switch off leave covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the pot, fold gently to mix half of rice and green peas (if using) into the curry chicken. Mix in diced mango, chopped cilantro, and chopped cashews. Serve family-style in the pot.
October Cookware Fest
20% Off Site-Wide
+ Buy More, Save More!
*Extra 15% Off with 2+ cookware items