- 10- or 12-inch Xtrema Versa Skillet
- * Could also be made in any of our baking dishes or long handled skillets
- 1 pound ground beef or substitute ground lamb/turkey or mushrooms for vegan or vegetarian option
- 2-4 medium carrots
- 1cup fresh green beans
- 1 cup diced yellow or sweet onion
- 2 ribs of fresh celery
- 2cloves of fresh garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste ( in a pinch you can use sugar free ketchup)
- 3/4cup veggies stock or stock of your choice ( beef, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons Tamari sauce or coconut aminos ( can also use regular soy sauce)
- 1-2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
Mashed Potato Topping
- 6-7 small to medium Yukon Gold potatoes (Russet or Red could also work in a pinch)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk full fat ( you could sub for raw or regular milk)
- 3-4 Tablespoons ghee ( or butter)
- 1-2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
Prep the Veggies
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Mince you fresh Garlic and set aside
- Dice the onion, carrots, and celery in even size.
- Chop the green beans into smaller pieces about a 1.2 of inch each ( a good rough chop is fine too)
Cook the Potatoes
- Fill an Xtrema Stock Pot or Saucepan with water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil on low/medium heat
- Whatever kind of potato you go with you want to first wash and peel the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into cubes for boiling
- Add the potatoes to the pot of boiling water ( about 20 minutes or so )
- Boil until the potatoes are cooked and tender enough that you can easily stab them with a fork ( remember we are going to mash them!)
- Transfer the potatoes to large mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, ghee, and salt and pepper.
- Use a potato masher or hand mixer to blend only until smooth (be careful not to over-mix).
- Add more coconut milk or ghee a little at a time if needed to reach a truly creamy texture for your potato topping!
Prepare the Filling
- Next, heat up your Xtrema Skillet of choice ( we used 12-inch Versa Pan) over low/medium heat.
- Brown the ground beef, breaking apart as it cooks to create chunky crumbles.
- Add the prepared veggies to the meat. Toss in the onion, carrot, celery, green beans, and garlic, and saute together for another 5 minutes or until evenly combined.
- Stir in the veggie stock, tomato paste, herbs, and salt. Sauté and mix together for a few minutes until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the meat and veggie mixture nice and evenly leaving a little space around the edge to create a crispy crust!
- *Note- if you use a smaller pan, such as the 10-inch Versa, your potatoes will layer up to be a little thicker. If you want it to be less thick, use a larger pan.
Bake & Serve
- Bake in the oven at 400f for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes begin to get crispy on top. Remember in a pure ceramic pan, thing can take a little longer to crisp up because of how thick our pure ceramic material is.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes and sprinkle with fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary and fresh cracked black pepper!
- The best part of this meal is it’s a full meal in ONE pan that can be placed right from the stove to the table for a warm, healthy, and hearty weeknight or weekend meal! Serve up on plates and enjoy! Do not forget you can place the leftover right in the fridge in your Xtrema Pan as well!