- For the Bowl
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 1 leek cleaned and sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/4 pound broccoli florets
- 1 cup brown mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 3 cups Almond milk Original unsweetened
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs leaves separated from the stems
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10-12 kale sprouts ends trimmed and leaves separated (or baby kale or chopped kale)
- 3/4 cup English peas or frozen peas that have been thawed
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and more for garnish
- 1/3 cup dill leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat large Xtrema Stock Pot on low.
- Add the broken spaghetti noodles, leek, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, almond milk, vegetable broth, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, thyme leaves and olive oil to a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer but still bubbling and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally so pasta doesn't stick together.
- Add the kale sprout leaves and peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until pasta is cooked and the milk has reduced to a sauce.
Stir in the lemon juice, parmesan cheese and dill. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Season with more kosher salt as desired.
- Serve with more dill leaves, parmesan cheese and sprinkle with the lemon zest.