- 7-inch Xtrema Skillet for Serving
- Xtrema Versa/Tradition Sauce or stock pot ( any size!)
- High Speed Blender of Choice
- 1 1/3 cup raw cashews
- ½ cups non-dairy milk we used plain cashew milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of paprika powder
- Pinch of chipotle powder for smokiness (optional)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or diced green chilis
- Place the cashews into a bowl and cover with boiling water ( use Xtrema Teapot!)
- Let the cashews soak for about 20-30 minutes to really soften for ultimate smoothness.
- Next, Drain and rinse the cashews and add to a high-speed blender!
- Toss in all remaining ingredients and spices and blend until completely smooth and velvety.
- Start with 1 cup of milk and add more to thin it out until desired texture!
- Make sure you taste the “cheese” and adjust seasonings as desired. We always add a little more garlic and nutritional yeast.
- Transfer to an Xtrema Sauce or stock pot and heat over low heat until nit bubbles and becomes warm, stirring occasionally to prevent burning on the bottom!
- Serve in your Xtrema 7-inch skillet for ultimate presentation skills and tortillas chips and veggies on the side!