Cookware Items needed for this recipe are either a 7- or 10-inch Traditions Skillet. This is made in a 7-inch Skillet for two person serving size. Feel free to up the skillet to a 10 or 12 inch to suit your needs.
3oz crumbled Feta cheese
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 yellow or sweet onion, chopped
5-6 small yellow cherry tomatoes diced
1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper, as desired
Water, as needed
- Heat olive oil in your 7- or 10-inch Xtrema Skillet on low heat and gradually bring to medium heat ( about 5 minutes)
- Next Add garlic, red bell peppers, onions and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Pour the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan, and add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and cherry tomatoes and peppers.
- Now bring the sauce to a simmer, and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes. If the sauce seems a bit dry, add water as needed.
- Using a wooden spoon to make 4 wells( or how every many eggs you use depending on skillet size) in the sauce apart from each other, and then crack the eggs into each well. Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and cook until the egg until desired consistency ( we love a good over easy egg!) done as you’d like.
- If you like it on the easier side, you can go ahead and just turn off the heat, and let it cook covered.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and feta cheese and serve nice and hot!