- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes in an Xtrema Skillet or baking dish. Bake until tender, about 45-60 minutes, depending upon size of sweet potato.
- Let cool slightly, then make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
- Cook rice in Xtrema Sauce pan. A 1/2 cup of brown rice to 1 cup of water. Bring water to a boil and then let simmer on low for about 30 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, black beans. Season with salt and cook for about 4 minutes, until vegetables have softened a bit, stirring occasionally. Add spices season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, stir to combine, and cook until heated through.
- Top each sweet potato with brown rice, a scoop of seasoned beans, and garnish with fresh cilantro.