Spinach, Canadian Bacon, & Feta Frittata
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 6 Oz Canadian Bacon, diced
- 8 large Eggs
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of Chili Powder or flakes
- 2 tablespoons Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup firmly packed baby spinach, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Fresh spinach
- Feta cheese
- Fresh or dry parsley
- Chili powder/or flakes
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy whipped cream, then lightly season with salt and ground black pepper, pinch or two.
- Add chili powder or chili flakes, and dried parsley; Set the egg mixture aside.
- Heat Xtrema 10" skillet for a couple of minutes on high heat, then turn the heat to medium and add butter, allow it to melt. Meanwhile, dice Canadian bacon and saute for minute, stirring constantly. Pour the eggs in the skillet, and stir lightly or move the skillet until the eggs cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese and chopped spinach all-around the eggs evenly, and allow it to cook on stove top, 3 to 5 minutes, or until the edges of the frittata started to look firmer.
- Place the Xtrema lid on the skillet, and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Remove the lid completely the last minute of cooking.
- You may turn the broiler on high for 30 to 40 seconds just to develop the deep golden color.
- Garnish frittata with more feta cheese, chopped spinach, herbs and chili powder/flakes.
- Let the frittata rest under the lid for about 5 minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
- There is different Feta cheese, such as with sun dried tomatoes, herbs or reduced fat. You may use any on hand or what you desire.
- Organic chopped Kale could be used instead of the Spinach.