- For the Farro Salad
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1” cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp high heat oil, divided
- 1 and 1/2 tsp chili powder, divided
- 1 cup Organic Farro, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 cups finely chopped kale (about 1 small bunch)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- For the Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 small lemons)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat then set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon high heat oil and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Toss until evenly coated then transfer to the baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or just until soft. Reserve the bowl with remaining oil and spices.
- In an Xtrema saucepan, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Add the rinsed farro and stir, allowing it to toast for about 1 minute. Pour in 3 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes (until most of liquid is absorbed) then remove from heat, cover with a lid and let steam for 10 minutes. Remove lid and allow to cool.
In the same large bowl you used for the sweet potatoes, add the chickpeas and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder then stir until lightly coated in reserved oil.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, transfer them to a separate large bowl (for serving).
- Add the chickpeas to the baking pan and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale to the bowl that the chickpeas were in along with a sprinkle of salt then use your hands to gently massage for about 15 seconds. Transfer the kale to the bowl with the sweet potatoes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining everything together in a measuring cup and whisking until smooth. Add more water as needed to thin and salt to taste.
- Once the chickpeas are finished cooking, allow to cool for 10 minutes then add them and the cooked farro to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and kale.
- Top with cranberries and parsley then mix to combine. Serve with dressing and enjoy!