- 2 ½ - 3 lbs. Raw Sweet Potatoes, baked
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Skim milk
- Salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
Ground Turkey Filling:
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 lbs. Ground turkey
- ½ Onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 Oz frozen mixed vegetables (corn, green beans, carrots, peas)
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Freshly chopped Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Freshly chopped Sage
- Himalayan Salt and ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Wash Sweet Potatoes very well, then pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Bake the potatoes until tender, about 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven. You can also wrap the potatoes individually with heavy duty aluminum foil and bake it that way.
- Slice the potatoes in half when it is safe to handle, then take the flash out and transfer to the mixing bowl. Mash with garlic powder, butter, milk and add salt and ground black pepper to taste; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a large skillet, add 2 teaspoons of oil and heat it, then add ground turkey; season with salt and pepper. When cooked, set aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil to the pan again, then add onion and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add the celery and garlic, salt and ground black pepper to taste; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add frozen vegetables, and tomato paste, rosemary, sage, cooked turkey, and mix well. Simmer on low for about 7 to 10 minutes. Add more salt and ground black pepper if needed to taste.
- Transfer ground turkey and vegetable mixture to the large 4 Qt. baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Top it with mashed sweet potatoes. Use a fork to scrape the top of the potatoes to make ridges;
- Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes turn into deeper color. Remove from oven and let it cool approximately 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use nondairy butter and cashew, almond or soy milk instead of the skim milk. Turkey could be substituted with ground beef or lamb.