- 5oz baby spinach
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 8oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless thighs
- 2oz fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 shallots
- 4tsp brown sugar
- olive oil
- 4tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Preheat small Xtrema saucepan over low heat.
- Using a strainer or colander, rinse the 1 cup rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add 2 cups water and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Wash and dry the fresh produce
- In a medium bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine the sauce and set aside.
Once the liquid (rice) comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- Roughly chop the chicken thighs into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic and shallot. Quarter the jalapeno peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapenos. Finely dice and set aside.
- Preheat a large Xtrema skillet on low.
- Once warm, raise to medium heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic, shallot, and jalapeno. Continue cooking on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Chop the baby spinach into small pieces.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet. Cook until the sauce thickens and glazes the meat, 8-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Reserve a few leaves for garnish.
- Add the spinach (in handfuls) and basil to the skillet and stir until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!