Crispy Plant based stuffing!
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 cup mushrooms ( I like baby bella)
- 4 cups breadcrumbs, or bread I used gluten free baguette
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted could also use olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste I like about 1 tsp of each
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat Xtrema 10-inch versa skillet on low for 3 minutes until warm add a drizzle of olive oil to skillet and cook the onions until translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook until soft and gently browned. 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the onion and mushrooms onto a large mixing bowl with the torn bread or breadcrumbs.
- Next toss in remaining ingredients and mix well so everything is all coated.
- Once well combined, oil the bottom of the 10inch skillet and pour mixture in, cover with ceramic lid, and cook for 15-25 minutes with lid on, after 25 minutes take lid off at let cook for another 10-15 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite gravy, this is a great side dish for any holiday meal. Enjoy!