• 4 cloves of garlic
• 2.5 tablespoon sriracha
• 2 tablespoon soy sauce
• 8 oz diced steak
• 3.5 oz shredded carrots
• 1 cup Jasmine rice
• 1 diced cucumber
• 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
• 1 tsp sugar (or omit if sugar free)
• 1 tbsp butter
• Avocado oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place rice in a sieve and rinse until water runs clear. Place in a Xtrema 1.5 quart sauce pan with 1 cup water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
2. Peel and finely chop garlic. Place diced steak in a medium bowl and pat dry with paper towels. Toss with Soy Sauce, half the garlic, 1 tsp sugar, pepper, and a large pinch of salt. Set aside to marinate.
3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, 1 tsp water, and as much remaining garlic as you’d like. Season with salt.
4. Peel and grate carrot. Halve cucumber lengthwise, then thinly slice into half-moons. In a small bowl, combine cucumber, vinegar, ½ tsp sugar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside to pickle.
5. Once rice is done, heat a drizzle of oil in a Xtrema 10inch skillet over low/medium heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Turn off heat.
6. Fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice between bowls and top with steak, grated carrot, pickled cucumber, and sriracha mayo.